Please note that years 7-9 wear grey jumpers and years 10-11 black jumpers. They are not compulsory but if they are worn they must be the Wykham Park Academy version which can be purchased from Cross Embroidery.
Boys and Girls
Grey blazer with burgundy trim and embroidered Academy logo with: Either: White shirt with clip-on College or Y11 tie. Or: Black Shalwar Khameez with either
- a short black scarf tucked into the school jumper
- a longer black scarf with a trim (denoting the College/Y11 colour)
- a longer black scarf with a headband (denoting the College/Y11 colour)
Black “school” trousers or tartan kilt. Wykham Park Academy jumper Black “school” shoes that can be polished Blazers must be worn all year round. Jumpers are non-compulsory but if students want to wear a jumper under their blazer it must be the school jumper as detailed in above. Additional points: Shirts
- Shirts must be able to be buttoned to the neck
- Coloured or patterned garments worn underneath the shirt should not be visible
Trousers – must be school trousers
- Jeans, jean-like trousers, heavy cotton trousers, “chinos”, leggings, or any other casual trousers are not acceptable and embellishments such as studs are not permitted
- Extremes of fashion footwear are not allowed due to the expansive nature of the site and health and safety considerations
- Shoes should be either leather or plastic – that can be polished (not canvas, suede, woollen or any other material)
- Trainers are not acceptable except for PE
- Boots are not allowed. However, if students wish to wear them to walk to school and change into shoes when they arrive, we will provide somewhere for them to store them as we appreciate that some students do have a long walk
- Ties must be clip-on in College/Y11 colours and fastened within the collar and with top button secure
- Blazers must be worn all year round,
- Jumpers are non-compulsory but if students want to wear a jumper under their blazer it must be the school jumper.
- Cardigans are not acceptable
- “Hoodies” and sweatshirts are not allowed in school and should not be worn as coats
- Denim jackets or leather jackets are not allowed in school and cannot be worn instead of weatherproof coats
- Socks must be plain black
- No piercings are allowed, other than one pair of earring studs Please note that these will need to be removed for PE and DT and remain the student’s responsibility
- A wristwatch and one plain ring are the only other jewellery allowed
- Extremes of fashion in hair styles and make up are not accepted. If hair is dyed, it must be a single “natural” colour. (The decision about what is acceptable lies with the Principal)
- Nails: no coloured nail polish is allowed or false nails
The Academy blazer, skirt, jumper and ties are available from Cross Embroidery, but all other items can be bought from any retailer.
KS3 – BOYS & GIRLS Wykham Park Academy long sleeved PE shirt (winter) – must be worn for hockey, netball, football and rugby Towel (optional) Football boots (strongly recommended) Trainers Shin pads (must be worn for football, hockey and school matches) Gum guard (strongly recommended for hockey and rugby lessons, must be worn for school matches) KS4 – BOYS & GIRLS Wykham Park Academy long sleeved PE shirt (winter) – must be worn for hockey, netball, football and rugby Towel (optional) Football boots (strongly recommended) Trainers Shin pads (must be worn for football, hockey and school matches) Gum guard (strongly recommended for hockey and rugby lessons, must be worn for school matches) * Will need to be ordered at Cross Embroidery. If your child has an injury which prevents them participating in the practical aspects of a PE lesson they are still expected to bring their kit and take part in the lesson. This might be that they score, give feedback to their peers on a skill they are learning, learn to umpire etc. Their PE teacher will use their professional judgement in deciding what is appropriate for each individual child. Only in exceptional circumstances will a student with an injury be placed in a classroom during a PE lesson. If a student forgets their kit they will be expected to wear our laundered school PE kit. We view this as part of their “equipment” which we expect them to bring to school in order to fully participate in the learning opportunities we provide. PE lessons provide all students with the chance to exercise, but in addition they are learning vital skills, such as team work, communication skills, humility in defeat etc. N.B. Boys and Girls – Trainers and clothes used for PE MUST NOT be worn for general school use. Naming of Clothing We encourage parents to name all items of clothing with sewn-in name tags or indelible pen. Please note: Wykham Park Academy fully endorses the principle that the school’s uniform should be affordable for everyone, ensuring that no student or family is socially excluded through inability to buy. Accordingly, the majority of the uniform can be bought ‘off the peg’ from any high street outlet or supermarket; the only items which need to be purchased from local specialist supplier, Cross Embroidery, being the blazer, jumper and tie. The blazer is competitively priced, retailing at around a similar cost to those available from high street outlets and supermarkets (but without the required Academy badge). Wykham Park Academy is committed to an annual appraisal of the uniform’s cost in order to ensure that it continues to be affordable for everyone. We retain the right to send students home to change, if not in full school uniform. This is made explicit to parents by means of the Home Academy Agreement: The Academy – we will: have high expectations for uniform, jewellery and PE kit – we will enforce our uniform policy Student – I will: wear full school uniform, as detailed in the uniform policy and be tidy in appearance Parent(s)/Carer(s) – I/We will: ensure that my/our child wears full uniform, as detailed in the uniform policy and understand that he/she will be sent home to change or internally excluded if inappropriately dressed The Principal, on behalf of the Governing Body, will make the final decision regarding what is permissible at Wykham Park Academy.