For the majority of students entering the Sixth Form choosing business will involve embarking on a new subject. In our society today a job for life is becoming increasingly rare. In Business Studies we will investigate why and how you can adapt yourself to this fact. We will provide insight into the dynamic considerations which businesses and you will face.
We will develop many transferable skills like your ability to analyse and evaluate situations. The specification is designed to:-
- develop an enthusiasm for studying business.
- gain a holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts.
- develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants.
- understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives.
- generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues.
- be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals.
- acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision-making, problem solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis.
- apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts.