The course is taught over two years and is the equivalent of 1 A-Level. There are 3 mandatory units and one optional unit. The mandatory units will ensure students are mastering the foundations of essential knowledge and skills and the optional units provide the traditional range of choices to complete the course.
Mandatory units are
- Engineering Principles
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
Optional units could be from the following units:
- Computer Aided Design in Engineering
- Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems
- Computer Programming
Fabrication Manufacturing Processes
BTEC Nationals in Engineering students will apply their learning through practical assessments in the form of internally assessed assignments and externally assessed
TASKS AND WRITTEN EXAMS
Engineering Principles – written exam
Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a
Team – assignment
Engineering Product Design and Manufacture – task
Optional unit – assignment
BTEC Nationals in Engineering offer learners modern, work-related qualifications which open the door to higher education and a career because they:
- are each designed with a clear purpose to support defined progression routes into higher education or employment
- build high-level skills such as teamwork, creative thinking and presentation skills.
- develop independent research and study skills essential for success at university.