The course is taught over two years and is the equivalent of 1 A-Level. There are 3 mandatory units. The mandatory units will ensure students are mastering the foundations of essential knowledge and skills.
Mandatory units are
- Engineering Principles
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
BTEC Nationals in engineering students will apply their learning through practical assessments in the form of internally assessed assignments and externally assessed:
Tasks and written exams.
Engineering Principles – written exam
Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team – assignment
Engineering Product Design and Manufacture – task
Technical Levels in Engineering offer learners modern, work-related qualifications which open the door to higher education and a career because they:
- are each designed with a clear purpose to support defined progression routes into higher education or employment
- build high-level skills such as teamwork, creative thinking and presentation skills.
- develop independent research and study skills essential for success at university.