It will provide learners with the opportunity, through applied learning, to develop the core specialist knowledge, skills and understanding required in the sport and physical activity sector.
360 Guided Learning Hours – equivalent to one A level in terms of size
- Unit 1, 2 (90 GLH each),and Unit 3 (60 GLH) are mandatory
Plus a minimum of 120 GLH chosen from the optional units (30 and 60 GLH).
This qualification is suitable for learners who want to gain a Level 3 qualification to support further study in Further Education (FE) or Higher Education (HE) in sport and physical activity, looking to gain a Level 3 qualification to support further study in FE or (HE) in any other sector or subject area or who want to progress into sport-related apprenticeships.
Qualification structure Learners must achieve the two mandatory units.
- Assessment method/model Unit 1 is assessed by exam and marked by OCR
- Unit 2 is internally assessed by PE staff and externally moderated by OCR.
The units are graded:
- Pass, Merit and Distinction.
The qualification is graded:
- Pass, Merit, Distinction, Distinction*.
Further study at University to study:
- Sports Management
- Sports Coaching
Employment in the sports sector including (with further training):
- Personal Trainer
- Fitness Instructor